High School Reunions:
When I think of high school reunions...feelings start to come up. Nervousness, nauseousness (I am not pregnant), ewe, the longing to run away. What brings this up? Well, yesterday my Mom told me that she thought it would be so cute if one day I could bring Calin to my high school reunion...and basically show him off. I immediately said, "I am never going to a high school reunion..nothing for me there, just a waste of money". That made my mom ask me what was it about high school that just made me not really like it. And honestly I can't put a finger on it. I don't think that I didn't like it. I learned a lot of things at Westminster, there are some fabulous teachers there. But, I just don't think high school was for me.
Then we started to talk about my friends in high school. I told her I really didn't have a lot of close friends in my class. But what I do know is that my friends were more Leah, Erin, Johanna, and Cori. And they still are. Which then got me thinking how blessed I truly am to have had you all as my friends and still have you as my friends. It doesn't happen every day that you find some good friends where the friendship just stays. I love each and one of you.
Finally, where the heck is that notebook? I would love to read that thing and fall over laughing. Everyone has to go on a mad search for it! I mean Erin's crazy drawings, funny thoughts, drama that we thought was drama then but really...it wasn't. WE HAVE TO FIND IT!
-Heather
I'm right there with you girl! We have to find that notebook!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBut as far as the high school thing--i was just thinking about that the other day! It's not that I dno't like seeing our old classmates, it's just that y'all were my real friends and priorities all through high school....so it just doesn't really make a difference to me if I see the other folks. Is that bad?